When it comes to beauty and skincare, there are plenty of little things that we can do daily to prevent breakouts, slow-down the ageing process and improve skin texture but that we take for granted or don’t include in our beauty regime.
I’ve always been into makeup and beauty but I must admit my skincare routine was lacking… Being in my late 20’s now and having inherited a fairly dry skin, I am starting to freak out a bit about ageing and wanted to do something that my future self would thank me for.
After doing some research, I thought I’d give the dermafrac treatment a go.
If you are not familiar with this therapy, it involves 4 steps combining microdermbrasion, microneedling , product infusion and light therapy. I visited ‘Skindeep‘ in Perth on the 15th April and after the treatment, ended up signing for their 4 weeks ‘skin bootcamp’. I treated my skin to 4 medi-spa treatments (alternating dermafrac and omnilux), 4 detox booth sessions and gathered some very good tips along the way!
- Stop touching your face!
- Wash your hands, often
- Drink at least 2L of water per day
- Invest in good quality skincare (yes, it is expensive but it’s worth it!)
- Clean your make up brushes weekly
- Change your pillow case after each professional treatment
- Get to know your skin and its needs
- Apply SPF 50 on your skin daily
- Remove your make up (being drunk is no excuse!)
- Don’t be scared to seek professional assistance or guidance
Since then, I have upgraded my skincare routine and have followed the above tips to the letter. My skin looks and feels better already, the texture has improved, I breakout less often and have a brighter younger and healthier looking skin (Bonus being I already received compliments about my skin!)
What is the top beauty tips you wish you knew when you were younger?