With its close proximity (especially from Perth, with only three and a half hours flight journey), humongous list of things to do and great weather all year round, Bali is the go to destination for many Australians.
Peaceful mountains, breathtaking jungle view and endless beaches, Bali got it all! And even if you have made this beautiful island your second home, there are always new places to visit and plenty of things to do. My recent (and only second) trip to Bali, inspired me to make a list of things I enjoyed doing during my stay and that you should try too.
- Spend the day at the Hanging Gardens in Ubud to soak up the fascinating view
- Taste traditional Balinese cuisine at Chandi
- Watch sunsets on the beach
- Enjoy a shopping session in trendy Seminyak’s boutiques
- Eat vegan icecream from Mad Pop
- Visit a historic temple located in beautiful surroundings
- Take a cooking class and learn about Balinese cuisine and culture
- Book a hotel featuring a pool overlooking the beach
- Go on an adventure! Trekking in rice terraces, rafting or climbing an active volcano
- Sip on some amazing cocktails at Bikini
- Relax with a Balinese massage or treat yourself to a mani/pedi or facial in a local spa
- Dine in a new rooftop bar and restaurant (the whole fried snapper ‘Pla Sam Rot’ at Moonlite is to die for!)
- Free your inner child and get an adrenaline fix while swinging on the side of a cliff and enjoying a breathtaking view
- Snap Insta worthy photos at the Ayana Resort on your way to the Rock Bar